Prof. RNDr. Zuzana Bílková, Ph.D., graduated in 1989 with honours in Molecular Biology and Genetics at the Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague. In the same year she was awarded the title RNDr. Prof. Bílková completed her doctoral studies in Analytical Chemistry with a focus on separation methods in 2000 at the University of Pardubice (Faculty of Chemical Technology) and in 2005 she passed the habilitation procedure in Analytical Chemistry (University of Pardubice, Faculty of Chemical Technology). In 2005 – 2015 prof. Bílková served as the head of the Department of Biological and Biochemical Sciences. In 2014 she received the title of Professor of Medical Immunology at Charles University, Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Králové.
- Surface modification and biofunctionalization of materials
- Separation, isolation and structural characterization of clinically relevant proteins
- Immunoanalytical methods and biosensors
Prof. Bílková deals with the development of analytical and separation methods based on biofunctionalized magnetically active micro/nanoparticles in combination with microfluidic systems or biosensors. She applied these methods to study clinically relevant proteins, e.g. biomarkers of selected autoimmune, neurodegenerative or cancer diseases. She has a keen interest in their structural analysis and posttranslational modification using liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry methods. Advanced surface modification and biofunctionalization of newly developed (nano)materials are an integral part of her research.
Prominent international cooperation
- Dr. Jean-Louis Viovy – Institut Curie, Paris, France
- Prof. Bruno Dupui – Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
- Prof. Electra Giseli – FORTH, Heraclion, Crete, Greece
Bibliometric indicators (Web of Science)
Number of papers 106, H-index 20, Total number of citation > 1300
Citations per paper in WoS Categories 2000-2019 (CZ average): CHEMISTRY ANALYTICAL 19.47 (19.77), BIOCHEMISTRY MOLECULAR BIOLOGY 4.63 (23.69), BIOCHEMICAL RESEARCH METHODS 25.70 (22.01)
Two most important projects carried out from the position of principal investigator or co-investigator
- LOVE-FOOD2MARKET, A portable MicroNanoBio System and Instrument for ultra-fast analysis of pathogens in food: Innovation from LOVE-FOOD lab prototype to a pre-commercial instrument, partner. 2016 – 2019; Horizon 2020 Contract No 687681.
- Development of ultrasensitive immunomagnetic method with quantum dots for electrochemical detection of tumour markers, 2015 + 2017; Czech Science Foundation GA15-16549S.
Two most important publications
- Pereiro I., Bendali A., Tabnaoui S., Alexandre L., Srbova J., Bilkova Z. et al.: A new microfluidic approach for the one-step capture, amplification and label-free quantification of bacteria from raw samples, Chemistry Science 2017, 8, 1329 – 1336; IF: 9,144.
- Zasonská B., Čadková M., Korecká L., Kovářová A., Bílková Z., Horák D.: Thionin-modified Poly(glycidyl methacrylate) Nanospheres as Labels of Antibodies for Biosensing Applications, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces. 2015, 7, 24926 – 24931; IF: 6,723.