International Support Services

Moving to another country for work might be a new and exciting adventure, but also a challenging experience.

The University of Pardubice (UPa) is aware of this and also wants to offer the best possible welcome to its international employees and researchers. That is why - in order to smoothly transition to UPa - we provide information and assistance to international employees and researchers who are coming to work in the Czech Republic, or who are moving to work in another European country.

We can offer practical advice and consultations concerning professional and daily life, social and cultural events, workshops and seminars.


As UPa is part of the EURAXESS network, we are also a local contact point to support researchers and their families as they plan and organise their move to a foreign country, providing assistance in all matters related to mobility. All services provided by the EURAXESS Network are free of charge.

We can help with any of the following:

  • residence permit, visa
  • accommodation
  • opening bank accounts
  • health insurance
  • information about medical care
  • taxes
  • Czech language courses
  • leisure activities
  • and more…

Please, check a video about research in the Czech Republic: EURAXESS CZECH REPUBLIC II.