Prof. PhDr. Milena Lenderová, CSc., is one of the founders of the Institute of Historical Sciences of the Faculty of Arts and Philosophy of the University of Pardubice. She came to Pardubice in 1999 as the director of the then Institute of Languages and Humanities. She was the first Dean of the Faculty of Humanities (now the Faculty of Arts and Philosophy). She is a graduate of the Faculty of Arts of Charles University, where she also received the titles PhDr. and CSc. She was appointed Associate Professor and later Professor at the University of South Bohemia, where she worked for several years from 1993.
Fields of interest:
- History of women
- History of everyday life
- History of childhood
- History of Czech-French cultural relations
- Ego-documents as a historical source
In the Czech Republic, Prof. Lenderová was the first to start examining the history of women and childhood from the perspective of historical anthropology. Other topics she focuses on include the history of everyday life and the cultural history of Czech-French relations. She founded a research team at the Faculty of Arts and Philosophy of the University of Pardubice, consisting mainly of her former and current PhD students, which is devoted to gender and body history. She is the author or co-author of 25 publications and about two hundred scientific studies published in national or international journals. She is a member of the editorial board of Histoire, Économie, Société. La revue d’histoire économique et sociale du XVIe au XXe siècle, published by the prestigious Parisian publishing house Armand Colin, and a member of 12 scientific, editorial or arts boards in the Czech Republic, including the Commission of French-Czech-Slovak Historians.
Grant projects (selection):
- 2017-2019: GA17-14082S: Midwives: The Professionalization, Institutionalization and Performance of the First Ever Female Qualified Profession in the Course of Two Centuries. 1804-1948.
- 2011 – 2013: GA410-11/0487: Century of the Body. History of the Body in the “Long” 19th Century.
- Lenderová Milena: Dcera národa?: tři životy Zdeňky Havlíčkové. Prague: Paseka, 2013.
- Lenderová Milena: K hříchu i k modlitbě: žena devatenáctého století. Prague: Karolinum, 2016.
- Lenderová Milena, Halířová Martina and Jiránek Tomáš: Vše pro dítě: válečné dětství 1914-1918. Prague: Paseka, 2015.
- Lenderová Milena, Jiránek Tomáš and Macková Marie: Z dějin české každodennosti: život v 19. století. Prague: Univerzita Karlova, Karolinum, 2017.
- Lenderová Milena: Donne in viaggio: le viaggiatrici delle Terre ceche e la loro immagine dell’Italia negli anni 1782-1936. Rome – Prague: Istituto Storico Ceco di Roma, 2017.
- 1999 – The Annual Award of the Mladá Fronta Publishing House for the book K hříchu i k modlitbě. Žena v minulém století, Mladá fronta, Prague 1999
- 2007 – Order of Academic Palms awarded by the French Embassy in Prague for the merit of spreading French language, science and culture
- 2014 – Award of the Minister of Education for Excellence in Research, Experimental Development and Innovation
- 2015 – Silver Commemorative Medal of the Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic for outstanding scientific work
- 2016 – Magnesia Litera for the publication Vše pro dítě! Válečné dětství 1914-1918 (together with M. Halířová and T. Jiránek)