Prof. Ing. Roman Bulánek, Ph.D., completed in 1999 his doctoral studies in Physical Chemistry at the Faculty of Chemical Technology of the University of Pardubice under the supervision of prof. J. Tichý and Ing. B. Wichterlová, DrSc. In 2004 he received the title of Associate Professor and in 2015 he was appointed Professor of Physical Chemistry. He works at the Department of Physical Chemistry, the Faculty of Chemical Technology of the University of Pardubice.
- Thermodynamics of adsorption phenomena in porous materials
- Coordination and placement of extra-lattice cations in high-silica zeolites
- Heterogeneously catalysed reactions of gaseous reactants
- Acido-basic properties of zeolite materials
- Study of the properties of porous coordination polymers
Prof. Bulánek is active in the field of heterogeneous catalysis and adsorption phenomena in porous materials. He is currently studying adsorption phenomena in molecular sieves, especially thermodynamics of adsorption in weakly interacting systems, coordination and placement of extra-lattice cations in high-silica zeolites and their adsorption and separation properties. He also studies the use of nanoporous inorganic materials with controlled porosity as solid catalysts in the conversion of alkanes to alkenes by dehydrogenation or oxidative dehydrogenation. His research focuses on the targeted preparation of microporous and mesoporous materials, their modification and complex characterization of their physicochemical properties.
Prominent international cooperation
- prof. C. O. Areán, Dr. M. R. Delgado – Department of Chemistry, University of the Balearic Islands, Mallorca
- prof. K. Hadjiivanov – Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulharsko
- Dr. F. Ayari – Université de Tunis El Manar, Tunis
- Prof. G. Delahay – Institut Charles Gerhardt Montpellier, France
Bibliometric indicators (Web of Science)
Number of papers 108, H-index 24, Total number of citations > 1500
Citations per paper in WoS Categories 2000-2019 (CZ average): CHEMISTRY PHYSICAL 17.27 (20.74), CHEMISTRY
APPLIED 10.32 (18.80), ENGINEERING CHEMICAL 17.42 (15.44)
Two most important projects carried out from the position of principal investigator or co-investigator
A Structure – Based Predictive Model for Brønsted Acid Catalysed Reactions, 2019 – 2021; Czech Science Foundation
- Intelligent design of nanoporous adsorbents and catalysts, 2012 – 2018; Czech Science Foundation P106/12/G015.
Two most important publications
- Kubička D., Horáček J., Setnička M., Bulánek R., Zukal A., Kubičková I.: Effect of support-active phase interactions on the catalyst activity and selectivity in deoxygenation of triglycerides, Appl. Catal. B: Environmental, 145 (2014) 101 -107.
- H. Viet Thang, L. Grajciar, P. Nachtigall, O. Bludský, C. O. Areán, E. Frýdová, R. Bulánek: Adsorption of CO2 in FAU zeolites: effect of zeolite composition, Catal. Today, 227 (2014) 50-56.
- Innovation Award received at TechConnect World Innovation 2017, Washington DC for highly porous SiO2 microfibers production, TechConnect (2017)
- Best Cooperation Award of the Year 2017 from the Association for Foreign Investment AFI and the American Chamber of Commerce in the Czech Republic for project of Technology Agency of the Czech Republic no. TA04011557 (2017)