Prof. Ing. Petr Němec, Ph.D., completed his doctoral studies in Chemistry and Technology of Inorganic Materials in 2002 at the University of Pardubice. In 2006 he was appointed Associate Professor in Inorganic Chemistry. Since 2010 he has been head of the Department of Graphic Arts and Photophysics of the Faculty of Chemical Technology of the University of Pardubice. In 2015 he was appointed Professor of Chemistry and Technology of Inorganic Materials.
- Amorphous materials
- Thin films
- Optics, photonics
Prof. Němec is involved in the study of solids. At present he deals mainly with amorphous materials with focus on amorphous thin films. His research focuses on advanced deposition techniques of film fabrication, such as pulsed laser deposition or radiofrequency magnetron sputtering.
Prominent international cooperation
- Université de Rennes 1, France
- Université de Lille, France
- Université de Bordeaux, France
- University of Debrecen, Hungary
Bibliometric indicators (Web of Science)
Number of papers 131, H-index 25, Total number of citations >1800
Citations per paper in WoS Categories 2000-2019 (CZ average): MATERIALS SCIENCE MULTI 17.12 (19.82), OPTICS 10.98 (15.43), PHYSICS APPLIED 14.21 (16.30).
Two most important projects carried out from the position of principal investigator or co-investigator
- Amorphous chalcogenide thin films: photoinduced phenomena, 2015 – 2017; Czech Science Foundation GA15-02634S.
- Advanced methods of fabrication of chalcogenide thin films and their modifications, 2018 – 2020; Czech Science Foundation GA18-03823S.
Two most important publications
- R.Mawale R., Halenkovič T., Bouška M., Gutwirth J., Nazabal V., Bora P. L., Pečinka L., Prokeš L., Havel J., Němec P.: Mass spectrometric investigation of amorphous Ga-Sb-Se thin films, Sci. Rep. 9 (2019) 10213.
Bouška M., Pechev S., Simon Q., Boidin R., Nazabal V., Gutwirth J., Baudet E., Němec P.:
Pulsed laser deposited GeTe-rich GeTe-Sb2Te3 thin films, Sci. Rep. 6 (2016) 26552.