Skip to main content

Login for students

Login for employees


International students coming from EU countries do not need a visa. However, for most nationalities, either student visa or a long-term resident permit for purpose of study is required.
Please look up the detailed information on the student visa procedure at the Czech Embassy/Consulate in your home country. You can also have a look here.
It is impossible to enter the Czech Republic without a valid visa and passport.

Please bear in mind that you need the forms from the University of Pardubice (Letter of Acceptance; Potvrzení o ubytování cizince v ubytovacím zařízení / Confirmation of accommodation for foreigners in Halls of Residence). Your visa application should be submitted to the Czech Embassy at least 60 days before the planned date of your departure.

The documents required by the Czech Embassies/Consulates:

  1. Passport (its validity needs to exceed your intended stay in the Czech Republic by at least three months)
  2. Letter of acceptance (provided by the University of Pardubice)
  3. Confirmation of accommodation in the Czech Republic (provided by the University of Pardubice)
  4. Confirmation from your bank that you have sufficient financial means on your account to support your stay in the host country.
  5. Confirmation of no criminal record in your home country (Police Record/Police Clearance Certificate)
  6. Confirmation of no criminal records in the Czech Republic (the Police Record form is available at the Embassies/Consulates)
  7. Health insurance
  8. Your photograph (passport format)

During the Covid-19 pandemic Embassies of the Czech Republic require a Confirmation of entity as part of the visa procedure. Contact you faculty coordinator/study department in order to get detailed information.

Student Mode

Student Mode (SM) is the concept of visa facilitation for students-foreigners from selected third countries who are admitted to study at higher education institutions in the Czech Republic and at the same time they are enrolled in the Student Mode.
List of selected third countries is to be found on the website of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports here.

Before you apply:

Students should prepare all the documents needed for their VISA application and contact the faculty coordinator for more information.
You will also find more information on the website of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports.
For information regarding VISA for a stay of over 90 days, please see the website of the Ministry of the Interior.