For proper and timely handling of initiatives, complaints, objections and applications (hereinafter referred to as the "application"), the University of Pardubice has a central point to deal with applications concerning the assertion of the rights of data subjects. The central point is the Data Protection Officer (hereinafter referred to as the "DPO").
The application may be submitted by:
- the data subject,
- the statutory representative of the data subject or guardian,
- the person authorised by the data subject.
You may apply for:
- access to personal data,
- correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data,
- expungement of personal data (the right to be forgotten),
- limitation of processing of personal data,
- portability of personal data.
The application also means an objection to any unauthorized processing of personal data or an objection to automated decision-making and profiling.
The application shall be submitted in the following ways:
- by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- to the data box of the University of Pardubice: f5vj9hu
- in writing to the University of Pardubice, Data Protection Officer, Studentská 95, 532 10 Pardubice, Czech Republic
The application shall include:
- identification of an applicant whose personal data the application concerns (if it is an application concerning personal data of a particular person) or, where applicable, the identification of an applicant and the person who is entitled to represent the applicant (if it is an application concerning personal data of a particular person),
- contact details of the applicant,
- the subject matter of the application (description of what the application concerns, what the applicant requests or what right(s) he/she claims),
- applicant’s signature (in the case of the written form).
In case of doubt as to the identity of the applicant or in the case of the handling of an application relating to a particular category of personal data, the applicant's identity (assigned by an identifier, password, identity card, etc.) may be required by nature and form. In the case of anonymous application or if the applicant does not prove their identity in a reliable manner, the request shall not be processed. In addition, the applicant may also be asked to complete the application, for example, in order to clarify the relationship between the data subject and the administrator to which his/her application relates.
Deadline for processing the application
The application shall be processed without undue delay, but no later than thirty (30) days from the date of its delivery. If the nature of the application does not allow so for its complexity, time or technical difficulty, or because of the number of applications, the above deadline for processing the application may be extended by up to another sixty (60) days. The data subject shall be informed of the extension and the reasons thereof within thirty (30) days of the date of receipt of the application.
Reimbursement of costs
Applications are generally processed free of charge.
The University of Pardubice is entitled to require the reimbursement of costs only in the case that the application is manifestly unfounded or unreasonable, in particular because it is repeated.
The application shall be settled on the basis of a due examination whereas the applicant shall be informed of the manner of its procession in the light of the content of the application or of the measures taken by the University of Pardubice in connection with the processing of the application, or of any other way of its settlement.
The data subject's application may be refused if:
- it is a manifestly unfounded or unreasonable application, in particular because it is repeated,
- the applicant is a person other than the data subject to whom the application relates,
- the identity of the applicant, about whom there are doubts, fails to be verified,
- if the application is unjustified as it exceeds the scope of the data subject's rights under the Regulation or other relevant legislation,
- the data subject refuses to pay the required fee.
If the application cannot be complied with, the applicant shall be informed of the reasons, wherefore he/she shall receive a notification of the refusal of the application together with the reasoning and instruction of the applicant for his/her right to file a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection.
Records relating to the submission of applications and the manner of their processing are kept by the DPO.