The documents relating to studies in a degree programme and graduation from a degree programme are namely:
- the higher education diploma
- the diploma supplement
The higher education diploma attests to the completion of a degree programme in the relevant field of study.
The diploma supplement is issued to graduates of degree programmes.
Diploma Supplement Label
The University of Pardubice was awarded European Commission prestigious award Diploma Supplement Label in May 2009.
This certificate confirms permanent quality and international standardization of published documents regarding the acquired qualification when student graduate in any of the accredited study programme at the University of Pardubice.
The Diploma Supplement
The Diploma Supplement (DS) is issued from the academic year 2004/2005 at the University of Pardubice according to the Act no. 111/1998 on Higher Education Institutions and on Amendments and Supplements to some other Acts (the Higher Education Act) in the wording of later regulations:
- automatically to every student successfully graduating from the University of Pardubice along with their original diploma or degree;
- free of charge;
- bilingually, it means in English and in Czech language.
The Diploma Supplement is composed of eight sections (information identifying the holder of the qualification, information on the level of the qualification, information on the contents and results gained, information on the function of the qualification, additional information, certification of the Supplement, information on the national higher education system).
The Diploma Supplement does not contein any award, statement of equivalency or recommendation to recognition.
Format and Protective Elements
Format and content of the Diploma Supplement was initiated and developed by UNESCO and revised jointly by UNESCO working party - the European Commission and the Council of Europe. Modified version of the supplement was verified by pilot project funded by three mentioned organizations and affiliated international pilot project PHARE „Recognition of Higher Education Diploma and Study Credit Points Across Borders“.
At the University of Pardubice the Diploma Supplement is issued as a fold blank form - format A3. The blank form contents a lot of protective elements, which could prevent it´s misuse.
Meaning of DS
The Diploma Supplement is a document attached to a higher education qualification aiming at improving international transparency and at facilitating the academic and professional recognition of qualifications.
The Diploma Supplement
- explains the contents of the qualifications delivered by higher education institutions;
- helps to ensure that higher education qualifications are more easily understood; especially outside the country where they were awarded;
- accommodated rapid changes in qualifications;
- aids mobility, access and lifelong learning;
- promote fair and informed judgements about qualifications.