Mission of the University
The University of Pardubice plays the role of a pinnacle centre of education, independent learning and research activities, plays a key role in scientific, cultural, social and economic development of the society by:
preserving and expanding attained knowledge, and cultivating scientific, research, development, innovation, artistic and other activities,
facilitating, in accordance with democratic principles, access to higher education, facilitating acquisition of appropriate professional qualification and preparation for research or other demanding professional activities,
offering further forms of education to acquire, expand and deepen or renew knowledge from various fields of science or culture, and thus being involved in lifelong learning,
playing an active role in public discussion about social and ethical issues, in cultivation of cultural diversity and mutual understanding, in building of civic society and preparing young people to live in it,
contributing to development on national and regional level and co-operating with public administration, local authorities, businesses and cultural institutions,
cultivating international and especially European cooperation as an important aspect of its activities, promoting common projects with institutions abroad, mutual recognition of study results and diplomas, mobility of academic staff and students.
Vision of the University of Pardubice
As an internationally respected centre of learning, the university wishes to contribute continually to the development of scientific knowledge, creative human potential and advanced technologies to improve the quality of life and prosperity of the society.
As the only tertiary education institution of the university type in the Pardubice Region, it wants to be a modern public university open in sharing and exchanging information and dynamically developing in contact with the surrounding world.
As an internally consolidated and financially healthy institution, united by its internal culture, shared values and traditions, and rich in diversity of studied fields – natural, technical, economical, health and social sciences, humanities and artistic fields – the university intends to continue promoting creative academic environment where scholars will expand the boundaries of human knowledge and pass on their intellectual wealth to the students, train them to become highly qualified professionals ready for successful careers in a wide range of professions within the open competition of the global labour market, and lead them to responsible citizenship, to progressive and productive life in the globalised community.
Shared Values of the Academic Community of the University of Pardubice
- respecting academic freedom, democratic and moral principles
- respecting the individual, society, environment, material, cultural and ethical values
- creative, critical and independent thinking and its free expression
- unity in education, science, research, development and innovation
- supporting individual faculties, their diversity, and integrity of the whole university
- partnership and cooperation indiscriminate of gender, race, culture or creed
- quality academic education and support for raising talented students to excellency
- integral, highly ethical development and personal growth of individuals
- search for innovative and sustainable solutions to both domestic and global challenges
- quality, prosperity and social responsibility