The University of Pardubice is now one of 26 public higher education institutions in the Czech Republic, and the only university in the Pardubice Region.
- is a modern and dynamic public higher education institution
- prepares specialists for successful careers in a wide variety of professions
- offers Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree study programmes in more than one hundred and thirty specializations
- broadens the universal scale of scientific disciplines
- creates an open international community
As far as the number of students is concerned, the University belongs with ten thousand students to the middle-sized universities in the Czech Republic.
The University consists of seven faculties.
Faculty of Chemical Technology,
Faculty of Economics and Administration,
Faculty of Transport Engineering,
Faculty of Arts and Philosophy,
Faculty of Restoration,
Faculty of Health Studies,
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics,
Students can choose from different Bachelor´s, follow-up Master´s and Doctoral degreee programmes in following fields:
Natural and Technical Sciences focused on chemistry, chemical technology, biotechnology and biochemistry, electrical engineering, informatics, transport and communication technologies and material engineering
Social Sciences focused on economics and administration, philology, history, philosophy and sociology
Health Sciences including inter-disciplinary programmes
Arts in the field of historical preservation, art restoration, conservation techniques and technologies.
The University offers more than sixty study programmes with almost one hundred and thirty study specializations. All are designed in accordance with the Bologna Declaration and modern trends in higher education. Most Bachelor´s study courses offer follow-up Master´s programmes. Full-time and part-time studies are available.
Apart from teaching, the University of Pardubice is also renowned for its numerous scientific and research activities which contribute to an excellent national and international reputation. The numerous of specialized departments and other organizations, institutions and associations which have been operating at the university contribute to this fact.
The Miroslav Jureček Foundation and the Jan Perner Foundation play an important role and support educational and research activities of the University.
Individual University departments participate in international programmes, take part in student and staff exchange programmes, and share experience in many projects, organize prestigious international sessions, workshops, conferences and seminars.
There is much more to university life than studying. Student Council activities and the students themeselves cover different areas of student life: culture, sports and club activities.
The modern facilities of the University campus, near the centre of a city with a population of one hundred thousand, create ideal conditions for the all-around development of young people. Pleasant surroundings and many sports and cultural life opportunities, in combination with quality and demanding study programmes, are comparable to those of leading European universities at the dawn of the third millennium.
As a member of the European University Association, the University has become an active part of the European and world higher education and research area.
* education * research * innovations * programmes * continuing lifelong learning courses * services * modern lecture halls/rooms * PC labs * library * conference centre * internet * publishing centre * university newsletter * aiesec * academic choir * gallery * students clubs * sports club * sports facilities and events * accommodation at the student halls of residence * catering in the dining hall * modern university campus *