phone: +420 46 603 7510
Born in Litoměřice on April 7, 1956
Born in 1956, he graduated from the Institute of Chemical Technology in Pardubice in 1980. He defended his thesis in 1985. From 1984 to 1987 he worked as a research worker at the Joint Laboratory of Solid State Chemistry of the Institute of Chemical Technology in Pardubice and the Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences. In 1987 he again resumed work at the Department of Organic Chemistry as a lecturer, where he was appointed with the academic title Docent (Associate Professor) in 1993 and appointed Professor in Organic Chemistry in 2001.
Professor Ludwig is the author of fifty six scientific publications, author and co-author of more than one hundred lectures at international and national conferences. His research concentrates on enantioselective synthesis at this time. He has been a member of various scientific boards and councils of the Czech universities.
In 1995, he was elected a Chairman of the Academic Senate of the University. Since 1997 till January 2000 and since 2006 till 2010, he was appointed the Vice-Rector of the University of Pardubice, in the period of 2000 to 2006 the Rector of the University of Pardubice.
From February 1, 2010 Prof. Ludwig has been appointed again the Rector of the University of Pardubice.
2001: professor in Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Pardubice
1993: Associate Prof. in Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Pardubice
1985: Assistant Prof. in Organic Chemistry, Institute of Chemical Technology in Pardubice
1980: Engineer in Organic Chemistry, Institute of Chemical Technology in Pardubice
1994 - :University of Pardubice - faculty member, vice-rector, rector
1987 - 1993: Institute of Chemical Technology in Pardubice - Assistant Prof., Associate Prof.
1984 - 1987: Czech Academy of Sciences - research scientists
1981 - 1984: Institute of Chemical Technology in Pardubice - internship
Professional fellowships abroad
1988: University of Umea, Sweden
1993: Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
1995, 1996: Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
in the field of: physical organic chemistry - synthesis of optically active compounds
author of 56 scientific papers (42 in impacted journals) with more than 170 citations (without auto-citations)
author or co-author of 114 lectures at international (Sweden, France, Germany, Japan, Poland, Korea, Indie, USA, Australia, Canada, China, Italy) or national conferences
1996 - 1997: Chairman of the Academic Senate of the University of Pardubice
1997 - 2000: Vice-Rector of the University of Pardubice
2000 - 2006: Rector of the University of Pardubice (2 terms)
2006 - 2010: Vice-Rector of the University of Pardubice
2010 - 2014: Rector of the University of Pardubice
FIVE IMPORTANT SCIENTIFIC PAPERS
1. Ludwig M., Baron V., Kalfus K., Pytela O., Večeřa M.: Dissociation Constants of Substituted Benzoic Acids in Water and Organic Solvents, Collect. Czech. Chem. Commun. 51, 2135 (1986).
2. Ludwig M., Exner O., Wold S.: The Role of Benzene meta- and para-Derivatives in Evaluation of Substituent Effects: A Multivariate Data Analysis, Acta. Chem. Scand. 46, 549 (1992).
3. Dvořák D., Ludwig M.: [(N,N-Dimethylamino)carboxymethylene]pentacarbonylchromium(0): The First Fisher Carbene Complex with Free Carboxyl Group Attached Directly to the Carbene Atom, Organometallics 17, 3627 (1998).
4. Bureš F., Szotkowski T., Kulhánek J., Pytela O., Ludwig M., Holčapek M.: Novel Nitrogen Ligands Based on Imidazole Derivatives and Their Application in Asymmetric Catalysis, Tetrahedron Asymmetry 17, 900 (2006).
5. Kulhánek J., Bureš F., Ludwig M.: Convenient Methods for Preparing p‑Conjugated Linkers as Building Blocks for Modular Chemistry. Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry 5, 11 (2009).