10. 11. 2016 - CEMNAT organized ALD workshop. Its goal was to introduce unique capabilites of this technique for atomic layer deposition (ALD) to wide public. Workshop program to be downloaded here.
20. 10. 2016 - CEMNAT organized 1st student workshop. Its goal was to introduce all research directions and acitivies of CEMNAT to students of materials-oriented postgraduate programms. Introduced were also instrumental techniques for realization of students theses. Workshop program to be downloaded here.
15. 9. 2016 - Within the memorandum of understanding with the Universiti Sains Malaysia from Penang, Malaysia, CEMNAT will host Mrs. Ng Siow Woon for 6-months research stay. Mrs Woon will carry on activities related to application of TiO2 nanotube layers.
11. 8. 2016 - Dr. Jan Macák was a guest of the radio-broadcast of Czech Radio within the program „Magazín Leonardo“.
The record of the broadcast can be listened here (starting from the 13th minute, in Czech): http://prehravac.rozhlas.cz/audio/3684259
16. 5.-15. 6. 2016 - Prof. Andriy Kovalskiy, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Austin Peay State University, Clarksville, TN, USA, stayed as a visiting professor at CEMNAT. Prof. Kovalskiy focuses on: atomic and electronic structure of non-oxide glasses and amorphous thin films (EXAFS, XANES, XPS, Raman, positron annihilation); structural dynamics in glasses; interaction of light and ionizing radiation with amorphous solids; surface science in application to solid state disordered media; gray-scale photolithography and electron-beam nanostructuring on glasses; amorphous optical IR materials for micro- and nanophotonics.
May 2016 - CEMNAT was visited by the delegation of the Universiti Sains Malaysia from Penang, Malaysia (5. 5. 1016) and one day after another delegation from the Kao Yuan University in Kaohsiungu, Tchaiwan. Both were accompanied by the top management of the University of Pardubice
21. 4. 2016 - CEMNAT organized seminar about surface analytical techniques. Speaker seminář o povrchově analytických technikách. Speaker“ Dr. Violeta Simič – Miloševič ( company SPECS, Surface Nano Analysis GmbH, Berlin, Germany), presentation title: „Advanced techniques of photon-electron spectroscopy in material science“.
December 2015 - CEMNAT received by the decision of Ministery of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic specific support via project Large infrastructure Center of Materials and Nanotechnologies (CEMNAT) that represents a significant financial resource for the development of R&D activities of CEMNAT in years 2016-2019. More about the project here.
November 2015 - New modern CEMNAT premises on the nam. Cs. Legii (down-town residence of University of Pardubice) finished and ready for use. Apart of the movement of CEMNAT employees, installation of following scientific instruments was carried out:
Dual beam scanning electron microscope with Focused Ion Beam (FIB/SEM, (LYRA3 GMH, TESCAN ORSAY HOLDING, a.s.)
Vacuum coating system (MPE 600s, PLASSYS BESTEK SAS)
Thermal Gravimetry-Gas Chromatograhpy-Mass Spectroscopy setup (TG-GC-MS, Pyris 1TGA-Clarus 680GC-Clarus SQ8T-MS, PERKING ELMER)
UV-VIS-NIR spectrophotometer (UV3600PLUS + ISR603, SHIMADZU)
Flow reactor X-Cube (Microactivity Effi, PID Eng&Tech)
Differential scanning calorimeter (DSC Q2000, WATERS)
Glove box (GP (campus) T2+T2, JACOMEX)
Micronizer (particle mill, Labomill, PHOOD PHARMA SYSTEM)
Optical setup (table, lamp, monochromator, peripherals)
October 2015 - CEMNAT reaches an important milestone for its development. It was listed on Roadmap of Large infrastructures for Research, Experimental Development and Innovation of the Czech Republic for the years 2016-2022
More information here: http://www.msmt.cz/file/37456_1_1/