University of Pardubice
• is a modern and dynamic public higher education institution
• prepares specialists for successful careers in a wide variety of professions
• offers Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree study programmes in more than one hundred and thirty specializations
• broadens the universal scale of scientific disciplines
• creates an open international community
The University of Pardubice has been extending a sixty year long tradition of higher education in the City of Pardubice. The Chemical College, later known for 40 years as the Institute of Chemical Technology, was founded in Pardubice in 1950 to answer the needs of the East-Bohemian region, which had a highly developed chemical industry, yet lacked professionally trained specialists in this field.
After 1990, the character of the Institute changed, new faculties were founded offering a wide range of study programmes, not only chemistry-related. Since 1994, the new name - the University of Pardubice - has been used.
The University of Pardubice is one of 26 public higher education institutions in the Czech Republic, and the only higher university-type educational institution in the Pardubice Region.
It has 7 faculties and 1 institute with over 10 thousand students in 60 undergraduate or postgraduate study programmes with more than 130 study specializations.
Its educational, scientific, research and development activities are realized with accordance to the Higher Education Act No. 111/1998, and towards the European Higher Education and Research Area (EHEA and ERA).
NewsPhotogallery of Events
University Video - Welcome
Campus in Spring
Campus in January